Monday 26 September 2016

First of the Russian Line

It's the last day of my holiday and I managed to finish of the first of my Russian SYW Line infantry units, the Azovskiy Rgt. 


Here's them before they were topped off with the flags. They are Savoia Infantry Marching from Crann Tara's range and are intended as generic figures, hence my use of them in my Russian Army for HOW. 

They are lovely figures, very well animated as are all of the CT figures. I recommend them. 


The flags are copied from Kronoscaf, the excellent SYW website and I can quickly copy, paste and fettle them up to flags, adding a little paint here and there just to lift the colour sometimes, at least at the edges, in this case with gold paint. The flags are mounted on brass tubes, meaning I can swap flags, if I want to, simply by lifting the flag off the wire pole. 



I aim to have a further two units of line infantry for the demo game at Kirriemuir and a total of 6 line units for my army. As they're all in green and red I will be breaking the monotony a bit by interspacing my other units, officers next and after the next one, some cavalry.



No comments: