Sunday 17 December 2017

Holiday time

Time for a wee break, a deserved one I think! Off to NYC for a few days and back just in time for the festive non denominational solstice period not back to work until 3rd Jan.

Last week I managed to finish the first of my Bavarian units for the Marlburian period and do a couple more swedes....I think I'm gonna need more blue!




The Warlord sprues have been reorganised from the original WF version with lots more formal tricorns. The plastic seems to have changed to a harder version too, things will bend, but you'll get that white stress mark if it does. Other than that they are the same, with the slightly soft detail levels and bulging eyes. With some a few changes to my normal technique however they painted up fine.

Just waiting on some flags and to do the basing. The drummer will take casualty dice frames at the back of his base and sit behind the unit.

Oh and the rest of the figures?..... a delay by Triplehelix resulted in a refund which coincided with a drop in price and a 15% voucher deal with Warlord....result one happy Aberdonian ;-)

No comments: