Sunday 19 February 2017

More Russians??!?!?!

Finished off the last of my SYW Russian foot regiments (for now!) and since the green paint was out I decided I would have a bash at painting up some Russian Great Northern War figs, the stuff I bought from Grimsby gamer Paul Robinson last year at AMG. 

Last of....

 

I'm going to make up a company for The Pikemans Lament as there is enough bare metal to get what I need out of the Russians. The swedes don't have enough figs and anyway the company who made them seems to have unlisted them....most helpfully. So they'll have to come from another source, probablyWarfare. Russian cavalry might have to be Foundry stand ins. I don't know what it is about this period and ranges, they pop up, never get finished and die out just as folk get ready to move onto another stage! 

TPL foot units are 12 figures and as I already have 12 shot and 8 pike painted I have no excuse not to get started. I also picked up the excellent, but rather expensive, GNW Compendium last year and with the old Osprey Peter the Great and Poltava books and the Peter Englund book I've got plenty source material. Keeping this in the 18thC means no period creep too - I had thought about going rennaissance but managed to reign that in. (Er....but not until I bought some pistoliers, seen lurking in the above shot!). 

First of....

 

1 comment:

marinergrim said...

Good to see progress on all fronts Stuart. Nice work.