Sunday 6 August 2017

French Gun crew painted.....and a new building.

Finished the gun crew. I've painted them as some Cannonier-Bombardiers in their red waistcoats and a couple of civilian supports. The Bombardiers were the colonial artillery deployed alongside the Compagnie Franches. On Guadeloupe they were assisted by numbers of Corsairs, so the figure in the baggy breeches could be one of these chaps.




The building is a new purchase from EBay. Perfect for the islands and for the AWI.

The single figure is from the same pack of labourers, but I have armed him with a musket from the WF/Warlord WSS cavalry. He looks quite a young chap, but everyone turned out to see off the enemy,


3 comments:

John Ray said...

Stuart, You must be pleased. The project is looking good.
John

Chris Gregg said...

Very nice looking building Stuart.

StuartInsch said...

Thanks John and Chris, I am really enjoying this project, even more so since I was able to push through the infantry and get them done in one go - 4 weeks worth of traveling with work and a birthday meant I had a lot of pocketmoney to spend. Stuart Foley has done a great job on the British and French and that means I have time to spend painting the fun bits like these chaps.

With buildings and some scenery I can start a few practice scenarios and that helps keep me keen, as does your encouragement, here and on AMG.