Thursday 23 January 2014

Getting Underway

I finished off the first of my figures tonight, a jäeger Amusette and crew and some quick paint conventions of some British infantry into Frei Korps 

These are for skirmish games which will be the opener for my campaign. Hoegaarden's border march is breached by enemy light infantry and dragoons. The Jaegerkorps are deployed and a series of sharp actions are fought before regular forces begin to appear.



The Perry miniatures Jaeger are painted in green with red facings and cuffs - following the Hessian pattern. The Frei Korps are Front Rank British picked up from Hinds Figures to let me crack on a bit and get a game on.  A lick of grey and they stand in for Austrian Landstandische Frei Corps (honest!!)



Still a bit of touching up to do, and their bases of course, but I think they'll be fine for what I have in mind and let me play while my line infantry are assembling at their depot - ie getting painted! 

I plan to use Muskets and Tomahawks for these initial skirmish games. The small 200point battles use 20 or so figures on a 4x4 table so are ideal for what I am after - a raid on an important bridge and customs house, the fight for a small village, etc.

I have a game planned for late Feb, by which time as I will have a line unit or two in place.

More pics once they are completed.

No comments: