Monday 10 February 2014

Work Continues Apace!

February sees the first unit off to the painters, flags finished for Blau and Gelb regts of foot and the white Leibfahn colours and some more of my own attempts at painting finished almost finished off too.

I've really struggled getting the white uniform, waistcoat, trousers and crossbelts to stand out and not look like the figure is wearing a suit of white emulsion. 



Rgt Blau and Jäger Officers

I think I have managed it but its taken me so long I'll stick to my original plan which is to focus on the smaller groups of figs myself, leaders, personalities, vignettes and the like and let the rank and file be taken care of by a professional! 

This first battalion of Rgt Blau needs a final tone and it's banners added. The flag poles have yet to be trimmed - but I'm thinking of going large scale for the banners a la League of Augsburg. Perhaps on cloth if I can find a sheet of printable stuff!

Rgt Blau, almost complete. 


This unit and it's mounted officer should be complete by the end of the week.

No comments: