Saturday 21 March 2015

Fusiliers de Morliere - Crann Tara

I ordered some samples from the Minden Miniatures range of figures and received them earlier this week.  The UK outlet for some of this range is Crann Tara Miniatures so I decided to order from there to begin with until I could get get a comparisons with my other figures and decide what I was going to use for the next project.

I ordered some Fusliiers de Morliere a unit of "Frei-Korps" style troops raised from the French army in the War of Austrian Succession.

They are 1/56 scale and so more slender than most figures out there. Sculpting is clean with practically no flash or mould lines and any detail on the figures is in clear but light relief. Painting should be easy and straightforward therefore.



This lot will make a nice little group of skirmishers and I may base them singly, or as a vignette.

"But how do they compare to.....?" - ah the perennial wargamers question.

Personally I wouldn't use them them alongside or in the same unit as chunkier styles like Front Rank or Crusader.  However here you see them with Perry and I think the match is ok. Again I'd not mix them in the same unit or side by side but I'm going to be happy with them on the table together.



These Perry figures are Hessian Line and will be deployed as chasseurs for my Hoegaarden army. Two figures for each unit - markers really but nice to have all the same. Possibly in pairs or singly to use in skirmish games.


They are the last of the line units of the army. Hoegaardens forces are almost complete.

No comments: