Friday 3 July 2015

Simple Rules for Horse and Musket Sieges

At some point in the Bier Wars we are going to have an army besieged in its depot. Although warfare from the mid to late 18thC was much more mobile than its earlier Marlburian phase our wee armies banging around in little states are going to bump into something fortified sooner or later.

I needed something that could be worked out with dice and didn't need models to make happen. the essential components of the siege, a blockade, bombardment and assault and the attrition of men, plus the conventions of war needed to be included but there needed to be as little book keeping as possible. With that in mind I worked up the following rough draft.

The basic mechanisms work out ok, its the bonus/benefit of picking an action like mining, or sallying that doesn't quite click yet. however I think I'm not far off it.


 
 
I've got this on pdf, so if anyone desperately wants a copy then drop me a line

No comments: