Sunday 17 April 2016

Ancient Indians - a rescue.

As I wasn't at Salute this year I spent my day painting. Some time ago I bought a bag of Ancient Indians, which had been poorly painted and weren't in great shape. I'd bought some Late Romans in a similar state years ago, so I figured they were restorable.

I shoved them in a jar of paint stripper and left them for a few months. They came out almost clean and I figured if what little paint was left won't come off with stripper then it won't come off under fresh paint. 


I cleaned them up with an old toothbrush, replaced the damaged bows with brass and missing shields with plastic sheet, undercoated them and painted them up....

Look out Alexander!

The bows are noticeable close up and the plastic sheet shields are thinner but on the table you won't see the difference.

For the adapted Neil Thomas rules I use I'll be able to field 4 out of the 5 units of foot required for the army. One thing I will need however is cavalry. The figures are from Vendel which you can't get in the Uk now, but there is a chap (The Miniature Company) making "similar" figures to match them so cavalry shouldn't be a problem.

As for elephants.....wait n see!

No comments: