Saturday 27 May 2023

Project Alma - a fine day for a varnish

 Dry and warm days have, until this week, been a rarity in this part of the world. Or when they've been here I've been elsewhere. So with the sun out it was a fine chance to get my Crimean stuff vanished in one go. 

1 tin of Windsor and Newton at the ready and off I went. 


Russians first. 


Each unit has a base of skirmishers and lurking behind are 5 guns, 2 cossack batteries and 3 line. 

British next.


The Guards Brigade, Highland Brigade and part of Pennefathers Brigade, with the 95th skirmish order. Hussars and Lancers and Artillery to the rear.

Seeing (almost) everything laid out like this makes me want to do more...light dragoons, heavy brigade and Russian cavalry, and maybe French, Turks and the Sardinians......uhoh! 

4 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

Some serious spray action Stuart…
I was doing some spraying today… the new smell of summer is Citadel matte varnish….

All the best. Aly

tradgardmastare said...

The bad weather vanished to allow varnishing, splendid.
The figures look great.
Alan

StuartInsch said...

The smell of varnish...and of good games to come!

Thanks folks.

Rupert Clamp said...

look great, I can see then stomping across Hungary :-) I gave up on ever trying to spray varnish anything here.