Thursday 7 January 2016

The Russians Are Coming!

Just before the holidays I bought some of Ingo's Figures 28mm Russians. Nice clean castings with a basic pose that was straightforward and business like.

I finished my those figures yesterday and just need to add flags and basing.


I have more on the way, another 3 units of Observation Corps infantry and some artillery crew for unicorn guns. That should see me for a good few weeks painting, by which time I ought to have the Foundry Hussars and Crusader Cuirassier off to the painters. 

By the end of March I ought to have more than half the army done. After that  I plan on having some dragoons, a unit of foot grenadiers and a further infantry unit and mounted command. 

As each of my units really represent 2 battalions and the Russians fielded 3 per regiment I need to work out how best to represent this - as they are Russians and "quantity has a quality all of its own" I'll need to get more!

For Flags I may make some up myself based on the excellent examples on the Kronoscaf SYW site. (If you've not seen this, go look!). On the other hand by the time I have all this lot done I might treat myself to some ready made examples. 

This is my main project for the year and possibly my last SYW army. I'll have Hoegaarden, Naples and the Russians, plus my "late" Austrians. I don't think I have space for another army - I still have bits and pieces to paint and add - like the foundry character sets, civilians etc., the Austrians need some cavalry,  Naples needs more officers, so there's plenty to keep them going. Looking far ahead I really do fancy getting some more AWI too and no doubt Crann Tara will ruin everything and bring out more excellent generic Savoia figures........!


No comments: