Friday 5 April 2019

PreSalute

Real life does get in the way of hobby time doesn't it. I have been flat out at work since before Xmas with one job that just kept giving and not in good way! Thankfully I have been getting some games at Meldrum thumping or being thumped by the fuzzies (ouch!) playing TMWWBK. 









I've also started to recover my painting mojo a bit and have finished off some WW1 German Jäger. Why I am not sure but that's never a question a Wargamer should let come in the way of a game and one of the lads happens to have some Belgians so I have no excuse whatsoever. 

I shall be making the trip south to Salute on Saturday, primarily as a social call to catch up with Graham Cummings on the Crann Tara stand and take a peep at his new stuff. I'll also be having a sniff around Warfare Ottomans or Swedes and seeing what Helion to read for the flight home. If anyone else is around drop me a line and let's grab a coffee.

I will be taking copies of Wargaming the Sugar Islands Campaign with me and these will be available from Crann Tara on the day. Stock will be limited though!



I have to collect some Spanish from Graham which will form the basis of the Havana garrison and with their compatriots in Manila, they'll be central to my next book which I have started to assemble material and written an outline for.



My workload has slowed down the Campaign Cards project which I have been working on with Charles Grant too. However all of the text for these has been fixed and checked and they are now being set up properly so that I can have them printed. I hope to have them ready to show off at Carronade in Falkirk in May, if not for sale then certainly as proofs for perusal. 

One reason I think I've got the painting bug again is the purchase of a record player. Nothing beats the subtle "bump" and crackle as you lower the needle to vinyl. A tasty glass of Blanton's Original Single Barrel Bourbon and Free's "Heartbreaker" (1972 original pressing - one of my desert island discs) accompanied this post when I wrote it up last night. 

Oh and it will soon be time to wake up the Spider....things are looking good after all.

3 comments:

Chris Gregg said...

Hope you have an enjoyable and productive trip Stuart. Good Luck with selling more of the books.
Review here for those who haven't got it yet
http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.com/2018/11/super-scenario-book-for-smaller-scale.html
Chris

Graham Hilditch said...

See you tomorrow

Norm said...

I have likewise recently bought a new deck and am enjoying vinyl again. For me it is very much about sitting down and actually getting the discipline back of listening to something from start to end, without skipping forward ... like I do with digital because it is too easy to do that. I find I am listening again!