Saturday 22 April 2023

Project Alma - Crimean War Rebasing 2

 I don't like basing stuff....meh! 

But it needs to be done and I want to all to match when it is done. So this is a slog (for me at least).




Russians textured, just need flocked. I'm short of some guns for my Cossacks so will get that sorted and since the British have staff the Russians should get some too.



By happy coincidence each unit of Russians has a stand of skirmishers which makes it look like they are at least trying to deploy them!

The British need their bases textured and I have flags to fit to the Highlanders and Guards. That's todays job.



The Brits have riflemen as their skirmishers. Both sets are really well animated and even if they play no part in a game are nice to have even as scenery! 


4 comments:

Aly Morrison said...

They are coming along nicely Stuart…
Unlike my own collection 😁

All the best. Aly

rross said...

Nice looking Crimean force there Stuart. I just read your earlier post about rebasing, at least you are going from single bases to multiple figure ones.....the rebasing I would loathe (and have never done!) would be something like taking eighteen figures based three each on six bases, and changing them to three bases of six each....for a collection of fifteen or twenty battalions..... It's making me shake, just writing it down!

Donnie McGibbon said...

Your collection looks cracking, basing is one of those chores that has to be done, but a chore none the less!! Your project is taking shape really nicely.

StuartInsch said...

Cheers for the comments.

Mdf bases.....soak in hot (careful now!) water and carefully prise off. If the ankles take it, you'll be left with either a figure or one on a wee plinth of mdf which can be removed with your fingers or at worst a hobby knife (always cut away!)

Plastic cemented to plastic - nae chance.

As for projects Aly - I can't move my Canadian one along....I have enough of windmills during the day 🤣