Saturday 8 July 2023

The Sons of Taras Bulba!

 I have restored some of the classic Foundry Cossack Characters which I fell heir to last year. Originally in  my late friend Mike's collection these had been bumped around a bit and had some bashes and scrapes as well as a few missing lances. They were also based for a winter campaign. 

I gave the snowy bases a good dabbing in green poster paint and drybrushed that up a little then tidied up the figures and hoses where I could see bare metal poking through. Lastly I gave them a good coat of varnish since it's a fine sunny day up here. 




These will join my GNW Russians and Swedes as allies or enemies for either. 

But now I have no excuse to get some winged hussars! 🤦🏻‍♂️

4 comments:

pancerni said...

Cossacks! Great repurpose.

StuartInsch said...

Thank you.
Too good to languish in a box....they need to roam wild and free!

Aly Morrison said...

A quick fix and we’ll worth the effort…
All the best. Aly

StuartInsch said...

Indeed...and digging around I found my TAG Cossacks so now both sides have allies and I have enough Cossacks for a force in their own right.