Monday 4 September 2023

The Battle of Portlethen - 1780

Whilst looking for an ex colleagues new business I stumbled across an account of a skirmish between Scottish Fencibles and French Privateers in 1780. Couple this with 6 hours in a train and I wrote a wee skirmish scenario for it. 



You can download it on the Free Stuff tab, along with an earlier scenario I wrote as an addition to the Sugar Islands Campaign book. 

Sunday was a sunny day so I had a quick play test in the garden. Let's just say things didn't go well for the Fencibles! 







1 comment:

tradgardmastare said...

Fascinating!
For years I have toyed with the idea of a game involving Sir Walter Scott and his yeomanry chums ( http://nms.scran.ac.uk/database/record.php?usi=000-100-007-535-C ) fighting off a French invasion…