Sunday 16 February 2020

Crew...and Maroons

When your wife is working in the study on her thesis, you get a lot of painting done.

I've been told I'm on too long a leash, but it's working for me. I managed to get most of the crew for my little ship done today and finished the first batch of Maroons for a scenario I am writing which will be available as a download. 

The crew are from Crann Tara and I have based them on clear perspex so that they can fit on board, in the longboats I have, or onshore without looking odd. This necessitates some careful snipping and filing but it's worth it. They will serve in the Caribbean against France and against Spain.





The Maroons are also from Crann Tara. I have armed two with muskets from plastic sprue spares, two with bows and two with machetes. More of these will follow. 




7 comments:

Old Nick said...

Great work here. They look beautiful.

StuartInsch said...

Thanks Mark!

marinergrim said...

Like those crew figures and the clear bases work well.

Chris Gregg said...

All look excellent Stuart. Those transparent bases are an inspired idea.

Aly Morrison said...

They look rather nice Stuart...

Does the ship float? ;-)

All the best. Aly

Graham C said...

Nicely done Stuart. I'd just paint two sets of Naval crew 🤣 But no you've done a great job on those clear bases.

StuartInsch said...

Working smart.....not hard...😉😂