Thursday 6 February 2020

Fairwell Kirk Douglas

I'd like to take a moment to say fairwell to Kirk Douglas. Spartacus and The Viking's are two films which I truly love and which played a massive part in forming my interest in History and thus in turn in Wargaming.





Since I was a kid I've watched then dozens and dozens of times and, especially with Spartacus, and Paths of Glory, appreciated not just the film, but some of the story behind its making. (Those were the films I wanted to find out about at the Kubrick exhibition I visited last year). 20000 Leagues Under the Sea and the Light at the Edge of the World are also favourites of mine.

Thanks Kirk. Legend is a fitting epitaph. 

3 comments:

Old Nick said...

Great post, and a nice farewell. I enjoyed the same movies.

Der Alte Fritz said...

I liked his role as Doc Holiday in Gunfight at the OK Corral, Vincent Van Gough in Lust for Life, a smaller role in The List of Adrian Messenger, and Decective Story.

I too can watch The Vikings and Spartacus again and again. I want to see Paths of Glory again, it's been a long time.

Kirk, you will be missed.

Anonymous said...

Sad loss but a good innings at 103.
The Vikings and Spartacus again and again. Saw Paths of Glory last month.

Willz Harley,