Sunday 20 November 2022

16thC Irish Cavalry

These figures from Crusader Minis were inhabiting a drawer and needed to be painted. So out they came last weekend and I finished them off the morning. The flag is a design I found online and dropped into ms paint to remove the white background. No need to be really neat at this scale when it gets reduced down any unevenness is lost. The three horse design are probably a bit pagan, and would bring the local priests displeasure, but it makes a fine flag for cavalry. 




My Renaissance Irish now have 3 units of Kern, 2 gallowglass and 2 each of shot and bows, plus these horse. A nice compact force which I think I will put on the table on Tuesday at the club.  We played lion rampant with the Renaissance mods from WI and once the players got their heads round the differences in initiative and styles of combat, it made for a good game.


5 comments:

Phil said...

A nice period and a lovely cavalry!

StuartInsch said...

Thank you Phil.

pancerni said...

Good looking horsemen with a terrific standard.

StuartInsch said...

Thank you.
When I get time I will post up some banners, including this one to the free stuff tab. Probably be the end of the week though.
I'm currently working on command stands for McLean of Duart and The Earl of Huntly.

Aly Morrison said...

Lovely toys Stuart…
The standard has worked really well…

All the best. Aly