Friday 11 November 2022

Patriots Rebellion & Retreat from Kabul - Artillery Crew

 Artillery crew. The fellow in the fine helmet is a Bengal Horse Artillery gunner. 

He won't be serving in Canada but will be on the retreat


I also rebased my 16thC Irish/Highland Scots to match my other 16thC stuff. A mix of Perry and Scheltrum figures left over from when I painted figures for the Harlaw anniversary game. Currently flagged up as Irish I can switch them over to Huntly's missing allies from Badenoch and Sutherland should I please, or even the highlanders who fought against the 6th Earl at Glenlivet. 




5 comments:

rross said...

More nice stuff here Stuart....I am quite interested in the Marian Civil War idea....always has a sift spot for poor Queen Mary, which was greatly enhanced by the (quite) recent portrayal by Saiorise Ronan! Poor girl had a bit if a bum deal from the men around her, plus her English cousin!

StuartInsch said...

There will be an a couple of articles in this years Wargames Annual by Charles Grant which Angus Konstam and I have collabrated on about the Marian Civil War. That should be out soon.

And something more detailed from myself after Christmas. 😉

Donnie McGibbon said...

Your posts on the Marian Civil War have been very interesting and very enlightening, not a conflict I know anything about but it's one I feel I should!! Look forward to seeing the fruit of your labour make it in print.

StuartInsch said...

I am working on scenario for Glenlivet - post Marian Civil War - but an interesting battle nonetheless. I drew a map earlier today and using Lion Rampant, worked out the two sides. Once I've played it out I will post it up on the freebies tab.

Aly Morrison said...

Nice looking artillery Stuart…
Rebasing figures can be a real task… but the end results are certainly worth it.

All the best. Aly