Saturday 12 December 2015

A very sad loss.

A few weeks ago I caught up with an old wargaming friend at the Kirriemuir show. We talked for a little while and did not see each other again after that. We did exchange some emails and discuss rules and figures as we had done over the last couple of years since I left the Aberdeen club. I last heard from him just a week ago. Sadly I received the news that he passed away suddenly and tragically on early Thursday morning.

Ian Macdonald was nice guy, quiet, soft spoken and very knowledgeable of both the hobby and of history in general. I have known him for many many years and faced him across the table and had him by my side in games of every period and scale, every one a pleasure. A gentleman and someone whom I am very pleased to have known and gamed with.  My thoughts go out to his partner and family. He will be greatly missed.

"Hige sceal þē heardra,      heorte þē cēnre,
mōd sceal þē māre,      þē ūre mægen "

Best wishes, rest peacefully and keep rolling 6's
. 

No comments: