Saturday 19 December 2015

On the painting table.

A quiet-ish weekend and a chance to sort out the painting table. 

I've been a,amending the rules set I use for my Bier wars games to give some better results for smaller battles. Skirmishing cavalry may play a bigger role in these battles so I wanted to represent a cloud of Cossacks or Hussars rather than a regular formation. I'd already based some napoleonic hussars on an old DVD, but I wanted to be able to take the figures off and use them in other ways. 

I got in touch with the folk at Warbases as they had done my slot type bases for my Pyrrhic army and told them what I wanted. The results dropped thru the letter box today.


Two round bases with a cross shaped slot cut to take 25x50 bases as Modelled here by some Freikorp cavalry who happen to be on individual bases anyway. Once textured and tufted they'll look great I think. 

Also on the table waiting to have their bases done are my two regiments of Neapolitan cavalry - Naples and La Reine, actually cunningly disguised French Cavalry from Crann Tara.



Lurking in the background of the top pic are some Minden labourers who have ahead a few artillery tools added to make them generic gun crew, a Hoegaarden colonial unit from the HSBC awaiting dry brush and flock, pack mules, Ingo's Russians and some Eagle Jaeger who will form the other half of the Carabinier unit I painted the other week. 

Plenty to keep me occupied!


No comments: