Friday 25 December 2015

Merry Christmas

Christmas morning!

This morning I received some lovely gifts and amongst them;

From my lovely and thoughtful wife - "A Histroy of the Kingdom of Naples" 1734-1825 by Colleta. A facsimile of a book written by a Neapolitan officer , with a supplement covering the period from 1825-56, just shy of Garibaldi's invasion of Sicily. 

From my son, smart enough to follow his mothers lead - "Fight for a Throne" by Duffy. The Jacobite Rebellion Reconsidered. It's been many years since I last read a history of the '45. Prebble's "Culloden" was my introduction when I was a kid. This book will be a far less emotional and much more up to date and detailed study!!!

I also received "The Curious Bartender - An Odyssey of Malt Bourbon & Rye Whiskies" - this also looks to be an interesting read and one which I am sure will inspire a few choices of bottles and beverages to accompany my games. 

There is a trend to pair whisky with food.....perhaps I could do the same with battles? ☺️


Merry Christmas!

No comments: